Beqa Dive Islands Resort
A dive resort that is situated on Beqa Lagoon, the #1 dive destination of the world. Beqa Island Resort attracts groups of serious divers who are there to explore the beauty under the sea. A four star resort that provides a simple but appropriate guest amenity, Taylor Dade reviewed opportunities for the resort and presented a plan of action to the owners for the future refurbishment, and undertook systems and operations reviews, implementing tighter controls and consistency.
In addition to the physical projects at the resort Taylor Dade also gave inputs to the landscaping teaching the team how to take care of the gardens, and ran on site operational training for the service teams. It was whilst at Beqa Karen identified the need to support and retain the local culture and to integrate this back into the resort. This has become the hallmark of her latest two projects. Kokomo and most recently Nanuku Auberge Resort.
- Critical review of existing operations and an action plan for revisioning the resort.
- Utilising existing furniture and art, re-arranging layouts internally, to improve presentation.
- Landscaping for the grounds addressed to resolve operational issues.
- Optimised the location as a dive resort with offerings that targeted their special needs.
- Refined the menu using local ingredients. Reduced costs and increased guest satisfaction.
- Introduced yoga and wellness offerings.
- Established new operating systems and standards to ensure effective management controls.
- Budgets and financial reporting on a m.onthly basis.
- Reviewed standards and established new systems to ensure compliance and accountability.
- Staff recruitment, systems and training to build a re-energised team focussed on the guests.
- Team building and leadership.
- Reviewed and trained the team on operational service standards for improved guest experiences